Setting Up BlogLovin’
- After you’ve set yourself up you’ll be asked to find some blogs
you’d like to follow! You can peruse popular blogs and sift through
categories if you’d like or if you’re impatient like me you can use the
search bar (top right corner). [one_half]
- You can always find out more about a blog by clicking on it’s name. BlogLovin’ will show you their recent posts and images so you can decide whether or not that blog is the right fit for you! (Ignore my dismal number of followers – I’m a blog on here as of roughly a couple of days…)
- Should you want to unfollow someone: Click on the link to the Blog’s
name (not the post name) in your feed. Then when on that posts page
click on the button that says “following”. This will unfollow the blog.
Claiming Your Blog on BlogLovin’
- In your newly acquired BlogLovin’ account click on the little circle in between the search bar and the alert bell:
- In the drop down menu click “your blogs”
- Once the page loads click “Claim your blog” and in the search box that pops up (image on bottom) paste your full blog URL
- If you’ve got an RSS feed you’re blog should be recognized, select your blog and you’ll be given a snippet of code to paste into a new post (it will display as a BlogLovin’ button). I created a blank posting (if you do it this way, wait ’til off-hours so your readers aren’t confused) with the button in it, published it and then popped back over to BlogLovin’ to confirm that the connection had gone through.
- Once you make the connection to BlogLovin’ it may take a little while for all of your recent posts to be indexed. Don’t worry they will show up!